SRP employee shares cautionary tale of lighting safety
Sharing this rather scary experience of an SRP employee and customer, who came home to his “Christmas miracle” over the holiday weekend.
Like many of us, Michael McNamara, a photographer here at SRP, had left his holidays lights plugged in before leaving the house, so they’d be on when he and his family returned home. But when they did, the house was all dark.
Tips to enjoy the holiday season safely
How many hours did you spend unraveling the holiday lights from storage? Now that your house is probably looking all festive with that sweat equity, hope you also took a few minutes to make sure all those lights, inflatables and holiday laser light projectors are installed safely this holiday season.
Each year, fire departments across the country respond to hundreds of home structure fires that begin with Christmas trees or holiday lights, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
SRP employee makes flags to honor those who ensure our safety, freedom
Green for military, blue for police, red for firefighters.
The stripes may be different colors, but the message Cody Penoyer hopes to convey through the wooden American flags he makes is the same: Support those who put their lives on the line for our safety.
Valley resident credits SRP employee with saving his life
Flynt Smith was on his way to his parent’s house, looking forward to spending a relaxing Memorial Day weekend with his wife and eight children.
Just as Smith, a senior engineer at Coronado Generating Station near St. Johns, Arizona, steered the family van out of the Salt River Canyon toward Globe, he came upon an accident — an overturned tractor-trailer gasoline tanker.
Smoke poured out from the back of the truck. Gasoline flowed down the side of the road. It sounded like a heavy downpour, Smith recalled. One spark could have ignited the vehicle and the surrounding area.